Sunday, March 20, 2016

* NOSTALGIC SUNDAY *

It's Time for Another Nostalgic Sunday!


I don't think I mentioned I've been working a LOT of hours lately. I still love my new job, at Imogene's, and honestly enjoy being there, even though my "schedule" started out being two days a week, Tuesdays and Fridays. The word schedule is in parenthesis because I've actually never had a consistent schedule! But that's okay, too. (One of the words that describes me is Flexible! As long as I don't have any other mandatory activities, and I'm needed...I'm there for ya!) So, I worked this past Thursday, Friday and yesterday, mostly on the sales floor...so mostly on my feet...for our Spring Fling...and in between did some of my office work, too. The shop and tea room is closed on Sundays...thank goodness, so today I'm home recuperating. I go back again tomorrow, Tuesday, and Wednesday because one of the employees' last day is Wednesday and she has things to still go over with me...She is moving to Kansas City, and I'll be taking over some of her duties and I'll get my own office. 

So, what does that have to do with Nostalgic Sunday? Nothing, really! Except that because of my job, I attended a three-Saturdays-in-a-row QuickBooks class at our local community college....and that experience, my friends was the one and only college course I've ever taken! (If you've read my memoir, you are aware of the fact that I never was able to go to college, even though I desperately wanted to. And I dreamed about going someday....being a 40-year-old freshman, etc. But, as the quotes at the top of my blog reveal....sometimes, we become the person we never knew we could/should be!)

In honor of the occasion, my sweet husband surprised me with one of the college T-shirts. He said he thought it was something I should have. Now, that's why he's a "keeper" even when he thinks I say "polka dots" when I really say "tiny squares!"

Our Wedding Day - February 1983
 
Awww...so young...!


20 comments:

  1. Awww you guys are adorable! Age is just a number. You're never too old to reinvent yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Trish! You're a sweetie and I agree about age being just a number...but it DOES take over our physical selves somewhat, too. LOL

      Delete
  2. Aww.
    Never say never. I read on the weekend about a Frenchwoman who completed her PhD. Aged 90. She said essentially that life got in the way. Which it does. I really admired her determination and perserverance though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sue. I truly admire anyone who goes back to college later in life....or even begins for the first time, too! I'm beyond wanting to do that now, though. My writing is now my "college" :)

      Delete
  3. You sound so busy! I am too tired to be that busy, ha-ha. Do a blog with pictures on the tea room! I bet I'm not the only one who wants to see.Have a good spring week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Claudia! I'm way too tired to be that busy for many days in a row. I hope to get on a set schedule one day soon, so I can plan things at home, too.

      Delete
  4. Congrats on your college courses and that was so sweet of your hubby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lynn! Great to see you! Thank you and yes, Ron really has been a great supporter and encourager ...is that a word??

      Delete
  5. We need a picture of you in your college shirt! That was such a thoughtful surprise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Val! That was indeed a very thoughtful surprise. I'll post a photo as soon as I can!

      Delete
  6. QuickBooks are not easy to learn (so I'm told). I admire you for taking on that challenge. It's great when we keep finding new things to learn, isn't it?

    Pat
    Critter Alley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think QuickBooks really is pretty easy...and maybe it helped that I was proficient in Peachtree Accounting for many years, but I also think QuickBooks goes about things really weird in many ways! It's hard to explain, and it might just be the way my particular shop does it...If I find ways to streamline things, I hope I can! :)

      Delete
  7. Andy Griffith is, to this day, my mother's favorite show :)

    And congrats on the courses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Keith! Oh my gosh, I'm so happy to see you here! Thank you soooo much for stopping and commenting. I'm trying to get back into posting regularly again, and also reading and commenting on my pals' blogs, and you have inspired me. I just popped over to your blog and as I read, I remembered what great posts you always wrote! :) Oh, and The Andy Griffith Show is still a big favorite of mine, too. But only the B&W years, with Barney. After Don Knotts left, the show died...but they kept it running anyway....

      Delete
  8. Pat yourself on the back, Becky. College classes...oh how I remember doing night school when my kids were little. your job sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did my postgraduate work as an adult and loved it!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan! Good for you! I really don't think I could take on a REAL course....long weeks and homework....Eeek!

      Delete
  10. (I should say, as a middle-aged adult.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I think I knew that...but glad you made it clear! :)

      Delete

I'm still getting quite a few spam comments that are Anonymous, so I'm trying "User with Google Accounts." If anyone tries to comment that I know, and it won't let you, send me an email, okay? Thanks so much.